Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Feeling a little FRUITY....

So the last time I was here sharing my "wonderful" words with each of you... I had decided it was time to take back my bad habits and turn them into something new.  Well... I thought it was past time for an update. 

Soda - I no longer drink it.  At all.  Seriously.  Went from drinking 64 ounces of the DEW to drinking 0 ounces of the DEW.  It was rough... understatement of the century.  I do occasionally still drink a coke slushie... but it's a treat.  NOTHING like it was before.  The caffeine headaches were ATROCIOUS!!  But I know that my body is so much better without all of it.

Meat - I no longer eat it.  Okay... so maybe an occasional hot dog... but they aren't really meat, right?  I watched the movie "Forks over Knives" and was inspired to try the whole plant based nutrition deal.  I'm a HUGE steak and potatoes girl... cheeseburgers are my weakness. BUT... I haven't had one since April.  Crazy stuff!  I don't miss meat... not even one teensie, tiny little bit.  Figuring out what to eat has been the hardest... I know now that I HATE tofu.  NASTY, NASTY stuff.  

Fitness - well... I'm HUGELY lacking in this area.  I was doing SO GOOD.... then I got sick, the kids got sick, and VOILA... there goes all the progress I made.  I might start walking again this week... I have a handy, dandy new pedometer (a FITBIT... so fun!) that has been helpful.  It's fun to see how many steps I've walked in a day... and how many flights of stairs I've gone up (and down).  I really need to find some inspiration or a work out buddy... apparently both are helpful :).  

So that's my update.  I might start blogging again... it's kind of fun (I'm such a dork... can't believe I just wrote that).  Maybe I'll post the successful meat-free meals we have here in Schwadville.  Let me tell you... we've had the good, the bad, and the REALLY ugly!  

Peace out for now my little blogging peeps!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment