Thursday, October 1, 2009

Apple pie, apple crisp, apple butter, apple sauce....

The kids didn't have school last Friday so I decided it would be the PERFECT day to pick apples... for the third time. Yeah... don't laugh. It's all about a good variety right?? They only have certain kinds at certain times... never all of them at once. I really do have a method to my madness...


He would pick the only branch with NO apples on it for me to take a picture of him with. What a goober.... :)


These two were ALL over the place.... half the time I couldn't find them. Notice the green apples on one side (Golden Delicious...a fav at our house) and the red (JonaMac's) on the other? That would be the variety I'm speaking of...


Not sure why (maybe because she's a GIRL), but the need to "strike a pose" pops up just about everywhere these days. Watch out TYRA!!!


Speaking of poses... he does this in almost EVERY picture we take. Not sure why... maybe because he's a part of my madness? Must admit... it's a great looking apple though...

Every year when we go apple picking I try to get ONE really good shot of all 3 kids. Mind you... we've picked three times, this is my third try. Still don't like it. Not sure what's up with Miss Things wacky smile. Might have to try again at the pumpkin patch next weekend. Good times. By Christmas card time, they'll be primed and ready to go!

So... now that we've picked over 100lbs of apples... anyone want some sauce, pie, crisp? YUM!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'll take another order of crisp, thanks very much. I LOVE it. I am going to try and make some tonight I hope. I like the picture of the three babies.

    ReplyDelete