Saturday, January 9, 2010

Don't you just hate when....

The big bug of JEALOUSY settles in? Personally makes me kind of bonkers. :)

I've been dealing with this lately... not sure why... I think it might be Satan attacking. I've been trying already in this new year to focus more on my walk with Christ. To really find Him again... to get in that place where all things are amazing because of Christ. Yet... as soon as I start to get into that groove...

YOWCH!!!!!

I get bit. Bad....

Maybe the first thing I REALLY need to work on is contentment. Contentment on where we're at - financially, in our home, with the relationships I have. For the things I feel I'm "lacking"... instead of feeling BLAH about them... use Christ to fill those voids.

Reminds me of a favorite verse... Isaiah 58:11 (NIV):
"The Lord will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail."

Time to get back into HIS word... and stop letting the things of this world control my heart.

4 comments:

  1. You are right, we need to remind ourselves to be happy with what we have in the here and now. I have been bit by the jealousy bug lately, too, so I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been a lifelong struggle for me. Thank you for this reminder of TRUTH! Hope we can get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right there with you! I've been REALLY focusing on Him and remember that HE is my friend and protector and provider...everything. I've been pretty deep in pray about it lately and I know it's working. He'll get you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say (a few year later)..lol that I am still facing this every.single.day of my life. I'm really struggling to find why I am not content--I have everything I have ever "asked" for- not wanted, but asked for. Jealousy, I have determined, is the one thing that may haunt me until my dying day. I've prayed day in/out for the majority of my "saved" life for this.

    ReplyDelete