Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thought I'd give this a try....


I've decided to try this out for a few weeks to see if we can do it. Our pantry and "schwadmart" (stash in the basement) have gotten a bit out of control over the last several months. Along with the half cow we split with family members.... we have enough food to feed an army in our house.

Yet.... I find myself hitting the grocery store for more EVERY week... ususally several times.

Well....

NO MORE!! I will not make useless trips to the grocery store. I will not buy just to buy. I will not buy 10 Betty Crocker mini microwave brownie things just because they're 50cents and I WANT THEM. :) They sure are good though... with just a little scoop of ice cream... mmmmm.... bliss!

Anyway -

I started this challenge out last night. We had chili (homemade... NOT from a can... stuff is too mushy!), cheese and crackers, and fresh fruit. Tonight it's fish sticks (nasty... but the kids like them), applesauce (canned this fall), and goldfish crackers. Tomorrow I need to take stock of what we have and make a plan for the rest of the month.

Any groceries I need will be coming from Aldi (have you been? The place rocks! I spent $24 today and walked out with oj, milk, eggs, guava/mango juice, snacks for kids classes - which means buying for 25 little mouths, green peppers, cauliflower, avocados, yogurt...etc... I'll spare you the rest... but seriously... the place saves so much $$ and the food is GOOD!). This should only include milk, juice, fruit, and veggies.

So we'll see. Should be an interesting challenge. We'll be eating LOTS of oatmeal, waffles, and cereal by the last week in January :)....

Wanna join the challenge?? Link up with us here.... should be fun!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a stocked house! I will say that I think there are times when I can eat out of our pantry. I did make chili the other night with stuff we had on hand and that felt good. I know you can do it. Oooh maybe if you kept a running list so that when you went to the store you could be reminded of what you already have.

    ReplyDelete