Monday, January 18, 2010

So much for the BIG REVEAL....



Yeah... totally should've borrowed this book from the library...

I'm stuck on the drywall part of my job. Seriously... it looks TERRIBLE. I'm done with the painting - accessories are on their way... but this drywall spot. It's becoming the thorn in my flesh.

YEARS ago after buying our first house in Fort Wayne.... we decided we could "easily" finish the basement ourselves. We had NO experience whatsoever with drywall... but it sure did look easy. HA HA HA HA HA... I'm still laughing at that one. We did finish it... tossed some sand mixed with paint on the walls for texture (to cover the CRAPPY drywall job) and called it a day. Only problem... everytime we accidentally bumped into the wall... we tore skin off our arms. YUCK!

SO.... we hired someone to come in, sand off the sand and completely refinish the basement. Should've been lesson learned, right?

Oh no....

We had the brilliant idea to finish a room in the unfinished basement of our current house. We were smarter this time - we hung the drywall... the hired the finishing out to a drywall dude. It's still not perfect... but it's the basement.

Now for my little drywall conundrum. If I leave it the way it is (finish sanding then prime... paint) I'll know it looks HORRIBLE for the rest of my days. OR... I could find a GREAT picture to hang over the spot - but I'll still know it's horrible. OR... I could just not care.

Any suggestions? :)

Hopefully by Friday I'll have it finished. Hopefully....

No comments:

Post a Comment