Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday, July 13... 2009


Outside my window... sunny blue sky with a few fair weather clouds... PERFECT!!!

I am thinking... about how WONDERFUL it feels to finally be home. We were on vacay for a week in MI... home for a day then off to Iowa for a friends wedding. LOTS of driving!!!

I am thankful for... my mother in law and niece who generously offered to watch all three kids for the whole weekend. We were able to drive to IA and back with just the two of us!

From the kitchen... tonight it's brats on the grill with salad, tomorrow chicken with black beans, burgers one night (of course)... beyond that.... I have NO clue!! :)

I am wearing... clothes :).... denim gauchos, brown shirt... nothing exciting...

I am reading... nothing right now... did too much in the car and REALLY need to get to the library this week!

I am hoping... to get some rest this week. I've missed sleeping in my own bed!!!

I am creating... getting ready to start painting my bathroom cabinets. Got one of my free Glidden paints... still waiting on the other. Once it's here - the project begins!!

I am praying.... for a chance to reconnect with friends. I haven't seen anyone in SO long... and I miss chatting with the girls!

Around the house... starting to get stuff ready for back to school (they start August 10!!)... we are in FL the week before school starts and get home the Sunday before. GREAT planning on our part :)!

One of my favorite things... sounds silly... but u-pick farms. I LOVE to pick fresh fruit...or veggies. Wish we had more to choose from around there!

A few plans for the rest of the week... pool... J's speech eval is on Thursday (UGH!). Not sure beyond that... I'm tired of plans

A picture to share....


we're hoping to take the kids out tonight to catch lightening bugs. We do it several times every summer... but so far haven't had a good chance to! Soon they'll be gone (the bugs, not the kids... :)!) so we need to get to it!! Just wish it got dark before 10...

That's about it for this week - nothing exciting. I'll try to post vacay pics and pics from my friend Michelle's wedding later... we had SO much fun! In a couple of weeks we head to Destin so I need to start getting our "plans" together for that trip.... YEAH!!! :)

If you'd like to join in our Simple Day fun... go here for some simple instructions and to join our daybook group!

1 comment:

  1. You're going WHERE?!?! And I have to find out on your blog...I'm so sad...OK and a lot dramatic. Take me with you. I can't wait to go next year. You guys have been traveling like crazy this summer...fun!

    ReplyDelete