Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm SO EXCITED!!!

No pictures yet - it's been too rainy around here... but I planted our first few seeds for our garden! :)  We're trying a square foot garden this year along with our Earthboxes from last year.  I planted some peas... tomorrow I'm hopefully going to add lettuce and radishes.  

Gardening is something that I am new to - but love.  I wish we had a HUGE property so I could plant a big old garden... but being in the middle of suburbia, we do with what we have.  This could easily become a passion for me - I'm not super crafty so it feels good to find something that I could list as a hobby! :)  There is just something about having dirt under your nails and fresh food on your plate..... 

5 comments:

  1. There is this co-worker of mine who loves to garden...I think he has acres though, but he was giving me some tips. I'll have to pass them along to you. Have fun! Can you grow me some green beans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there...thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I love to meet new bloggers that share my passions. I too planted seedlings and they have started to sprout. It is so rewarding to have something go from the ground to the dinner table. ;) I have some posts with my sprouts and gardening tips...u will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello. I've been blogging for a while now, but I am a newbie to this community too. There are amazing, talented women around here. Check out Pretty Organized Palace - she just did a great post about gardening.
    I'll be back for more visits for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, I'm excited for you! I'm going to try a veggie garden for the first time this year, so I may have to ask your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great! Gardens are so much fun and such a great activity for kids!

    ReplyDelete